Saturday, April 16, 2011

Nojima park


A shortish ribe today, as I'm feeling a wee bit of strain in my muscles. But packed full of sunshine and the smell of pine needles, so was 100% enjoyable.


I went back to Kanazawa-hakkei via the little canal in Oppama and the sea front, through Nojima park (where the barbecue pits are), all the way to Sea Paradise entrance, and then back again. And everywhere you look, people are out clamming. In fact, everywhere I went was crowded with people, either digging clams, picknicking with their family or simply out for a Sunday ramble. Or out to brush their dog, even!


I also went up to the top of what is probably called Nojima hill, and they have a super lookout, surrounded by sakura. From there I got my fist view of what the Nissan race track near JAMSTEC looks like, and was amazed at how big the Nissan factories surrounding JAMSTEC actually are! From the ground, it's very hard to tell, as the sea front is so uneven.

Nissan complex, everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment