Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sakura!

Photos from my latest walk along the 'Buddha trail', this time from Oppama to Jinmuji.


It's spring! And there are flowers everywhere!

The maples are blooming....

... and so, of course, are the cherry trees!

And all these wonderful pink trees make wonderful photo oportunities:

A bicycle and sakura.

The Buddha and sakura.

A bird and sakura.

And a squirrel and sakura!

I must admit though that more than half of the squirrels I saw (9 or 10), were not in the cherry trees: the magnolias are in bloom, and their nectar must be very sweet!


A japanese dove, without sakura.



'blooming' liverwarts!


This video is the view of Oppama, but I made it only for the characteristic bird one can hear, and that I have never actually seen!!


1 comment:

  1. The bird, I have learned, is a Japanese Bush Warbler. Often heard, never seen. A mark of spring known to all Japanese.

    ReplyDelete